Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Paparocks' Favorite Rock

Blackbird wanted to see a rock for show and tell, so here it is:

This rock stands in the Kananaskis range of the Canadian Rocky Mountains between Calgary and Banff, near Chester Lake. It is known as The Praying Nun. You don't even really have to use your imagination too much. She's kneeling at an altar, with her hands folded neatly under her chin.

I came accross the formation while out hiking one day several years ago.

It's one of my favorite pictures, and definitley my favorite rock.

Praying Nun

10 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

I love the Kananaskis. It feels like we need to go hiking. That is one COOL rock!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger blackbird said...

I LOVE it!

I think I would like to say
'Kananaskis'a few times too.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Yep. I can see the nun. That is a neat rock. Rock formations are so neat!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Gabriela said...

Cool pic!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

I miss those mountains so much.

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot about that one. What a great picture of that pious nun!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Who says we can't see God in nature!

Diane

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Grammy said...

It's still the rock? It's still the rock? I know you have interesting things to say, but the rest of the world is missing out.

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For just a second, the long rock leaning against the boulder resembled a lizard. When I focused on it, the resemblance went away, though.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

tap, tap, tap. Are you there? One of your kids refered on his or her blog to some good news that you and Grammy have to share. So, uh, "I'm WAITING!" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home