Saturday, April 22, 2006

Finally.... It's Done!!!

Have you ever had a project that you started and then for one reason or another just couldn't finish? You put it aside, but every time you walk past it it calls your name and sticks it's tongue out at you, mocking you and calling you names, like:

"You procrastinating loser!", or

"You lazy bum!".

No? Yeah, probably not. You're probably all super focused on finishing something once you've started, and nothing can get in the way of you achieving your goal.

It's kind of like writer's block, only with wood, instead of words.

Well, I've finally finished the wood project that I started well over a year ago. It's been sitting in my garage in various stages of unfinishedness for all that time. In between, I've finished several other projects: 10 walnut and maple cutting boards, my Daughter-in-law's solid cedar hope chest, Grammy's birthday music box, and a few others that I've forgotten, I'm sure.

But no more will it be called "Unfinished"! This very morning, I put the finishing touches on it and installed the drawers and it now sits in our family room with our stereo on top and the drawers full of our CD's and some DVD's.

So here it is:

The cabinet ready to stain:

Ready for stain

The open cabinet with the drawers for the CD's:

drawers for CD's

The finished product:

Finally done

Done!!!!

Finally!!!

Now, what to make next????? Hmmmm???

We'll have to think on that one for a while.

11 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Gabriela said...

I had the opportunity to see it in person and it is beautiful! Papa is so talented!

I have a quilt that has been mocking me for more than a year.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Yeah! It looks great. Awesome job. Sorry if my cutting board cramped your style.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

And there it sits in all it's glory and usefulness as well. I love it. Thank you, Sweetheart. You're the greatest!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Nantie Meg said...

Dad, that is so fantastic. Does it happen to have raised panel doors, dover tail joints and a totally awesome personal stamp on it?

Love you!

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummmm, I have a suggestion. You could make another one of those for ME! It is amazing. What a wonderful talent, you have.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I have a thesis. 'Nuf said. SOOOO glad for the HOPE that someday mine will no longer be in the "unfinished" category. :)

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger momofalltrades said...

That looks really great! My whole house feels like it's full of projects that mock me. Seems I didn't thoroughly check the resume of my Hubster, he's not the handy-dandy type, so I get to do quite a few fix it chores all by my lonesome self! It's OK though, I even got one done today! You should go check it out! You handy-dandy-dad-types do have a tendency to rub off on daughters, and from what I've seen so far, your girls don't seem to be afraid to tackle much of anything! What a blessing to grow up where you learn how to fix and make things!

Thanks for visiting my blog the other day! I hope you'll come again!

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cabinet looks great. Why don't you put up some detailed how-to notes for absolute beginners on woodwork?!

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
batteries advertising gal italia site web Deco printing large format digital printing on specialty Schnauzer allergies Insert keywords values accutane 60586 http://www.mcse-brain-dump-2.info/plus-size-swimwear-cheap.html Allegra columbia Buy generic tenuate medicine on line Panasonic lumix dmc-fz20k digital camera accutane success Buy tenuate appetite suppressant

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. zocor weight gain ringtones http://www.penis-7.info Low cost nexium presxiptiins Teaching job fairs in illinois hawaiian car seat cover Free calling plans nissan philippines Waveless waterbed mattresses semi waveless waterbed Vitamines hydrosolubles how to format a harddrive Gay lane fuller Percentage of harvard students with full scholarship John ricci hockey Credit scores interest rates Russian baseball Bridge collapse insurance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home