Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Texas Weed Whacker Massacre

It was a lovely evening:

Back Yard

Temperature in the low 70's.

Light Breeze.

Blue Sky's.

The grass cutting was done:

Lawn

The edges had been trimmed:

Edge

All that was left was a little cleanup around the fenceline:

Fence Line

And then it happened.

The Weed Whacker went wild, and when it was done, this is what my ankle looked like:

Weed Whacker Contusion

Yes, it hurts!.

No, I don't want to talk about it!

It just happened, OK???!!!!!!

I'm an idiot!

8 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Ouch! So sorry for the physical and emotional pain! ;) That's no fun!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

Honey! That's horrible! Where was I when you needed me? Oh yeah, out with the girls. I'm so sorry!

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Nantie Meg said...

Daddy!! I'm so sorry, If I was there I would have helped you with the gardening. I love you!! Feel better.

PS- a wise woman (Grammy) once told me that Cherry Limeades from Sonic fix every thing. I bet she'd buy you one!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

OUCH! That looks awful. I will get you to talk. I have my ways.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Gabriela said...

Yikes! Sorry Papa.

But your yard looks terrific!

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OWWWWW, and what a great post. You know I of all people understand how evil those little whackers can be. They deserve to be shot. Remember how I had one explode on me at the Shawnessy house?

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEXT TIME WEAR SOCKS, PANTS AND MAYBE SOME CHAPS...OR BETTER YET PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT, AS IT SEEMS YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT JOB....LOL..SORRY I COULDN'T RESIST.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home