Thursday, March 02, 2006

March 4th

If you're anything like most of us, if you did make any New Year's resolutions, you've probably broken them by now. I'm not sure I even started on any of mine. At any rate, I usually like to start a new resolution on some date that I can remember, so I'll know how long it took to break it, or maybe it's just that I want to put it off until next week..., my birthday...., my grandmother's wedding anniversary..., pretty much anytime that is not now.

Is anyone seeing a little of themselves here yet?

Yeah????

OK, so here's the deal. This Saturday is March 4th... No big deal, right?


WRONG!!!!!

March 4th is a great day to...

March 4th and conquer.

March 4th with courage.

March 4th with renewed determination to start over on those broken resolutions - or at least one of them.

March 4th from our pit of despair and into a bright new day.

March 4th shouting to the world that we will not give in to whatever it is that we always give in to.

March 4th shaking off the shackles that.... (Is anyone getting sick yet?..... I could go on....)

But I won't.

I think you get the picture


JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! (March 4th)


P.S. If anyone has any bright ideas, I've already got dibs on May the 4th for my Star Wars tribute.

7 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Nantie Meg said...

Thanks dad! I totally miss living with you and I needed the laugh today.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

I'd march with you any old time. Now I just have to come up with a resolution or two. There are so many. Where to start?

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Dang you for calling dibs! Parents aren't supposed to call dibs. That's for twerps like us.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it. I'll re-commit to exercise starting on March 4th. :)

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger blackbird said...

May the 4th...
took me a minute, but now
yer killin me!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I had no idea that anyone outside of my family had made the May the 4th = Star Wars Day connection. It started out as a joke my dad told us when we were kids and has grown into a day we actually celebrate. I've had parties -- parties where I created my own Star Wars game show, made Star Wars themed food (Yoda Soda! Bantha Fodder Bean Dip!Cloud City Fluff!), refereed light saber duels, and forced my friends to dress up as Star Wars characters and reinact scenes from the movies.

But I am not a nerd. :)

Thanks for the funny post.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Daring Young Dad said...

Inspiring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home