Monday, February 27, 2006

Some Day's You Just Wanna.....

Open up a can on somebody!!!!

And you know what kind of a can I'm talking about!

Not that I'm whining, or that I've never given anyone else reason to want to open up a can on me, but some days I feel like the guy in the commercial who's trying to explain to the person on the other end of the line that he works with a bunch of monkeys.

I'm not going to go into any details, but suffice it to say that I work in what I consider to be a stressful job. A wise person once told me that, "Stress is the condition that arises when the mind overrides the body's desire to OPEN UP A CAN on someone who desperately needs it!"

I'm really not such a bad sort, and I would never resort to violence, and now I don't have to, because....

I finally found a CAN...

Of.....

You guessed it....

Can

It's truly amazing what just having it around has done to my stress levels. When people come to me at work and ask stupid questions (yes, contrary to popular belief, there really are stupid questions), I just look at the can, and somehow find the strength to smile and say, "Well, let's see, how's about if we look here......" And after solving their problem, they leave, I look good, and they have no idea how lucky they were.

I really hope I never have to open it up for real, cause... like... things could get ugly. Oooooh Yeaaahhh!!!!!

12 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

As long as you never have to open up that can on me, it's all good.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

That is an awesome can and I totally hear you! I needed that today oh so bad!:)

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but don't you wanna open it anyway. perhaps serving a person chili would endear them to you in a way that would make them unlikely to ask stupid questions anymore. or perhaps if you ate the chili yourself you would not have anyone ever enter your office again on account of the bio-hazard.

just some thoughts.

ponder them well

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What he didn't mention here is that he gave my husband just such a can to make for me on our honeymoon. This family's sense of humor is simply WILD.

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Oh that kills me. I am dying. I am now dead. I am laughing so hard. I love the can (of course not when it's used against me). You know I have my own can here in Washington which was bestowed on my by your gracious kindness? You are hilarious. Mean people are lame.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Goslyn said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Love it. I need a CASE of those cans.

I think it's great that you guys are a blogging family. I followed a link from DYM's site.

Are you all this funny? I think that's an unfair distribution of comedy. Some families have all the luck.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man. You just kill me.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

That. Is. Totally. Awesome.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Daring Young Dad said...

Maybe I could borrow that can today.

:)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Is this entire family hillarious, or what?!? Loving it!

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad - When do I get my can? I've been waiting, and I promise not to open it on you or Mom or any of the siblings. Please can I have a can?

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't need a can of that. I get in trouble when the cupboard door opens. My coworkers could not handle me opening a can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home