Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Word of the Week Wednesday

The word of the week is "STUPID".

Have you ever noticed how many different ways we have of saying something, with out really using the real word? Take the word "STUPID" for example:

Unintellegent
Dumb
His elevator doesn't go all the way to the top
The lights are on but nobody's home
A few bricks shy of a load
Doesn't have both oars in the water.....

I could go on, but you get the picture. How many other ways can you give me to say that somebody's not playing with a full deck?

And don't worry, if you choose not to comment, I won't think its because
you're a lamebrain or any thing like that... oops, there I go again. You can't use lamebrain or not playing with a full deck either.

Come on.... Show me whatcha got... I dare ya! I double dog dare ya!!!!

7 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Riding the short bus.

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not the brightest crayon in the box

Looks like someone jumped in the gene-pool when the life guard wasn't looking

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Grammy said...

I'll take that dare, and without a thesaurus too. At the risk of sounding judgemental:

dolt, fool, idiot, ignoramous, stooge, simpleton, dim-bulb, numbskull & bright as a sack full of hammers!

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling so stupid myself at the moment that I can't think of a single one!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Regina said...

One fry short of a happy meal :)

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Daring Young Dad said...

These are awesome! You people are funny.

In the computer tech support world, they have a certain problem called an I-D-ten-T problem. You can say it and it sounds very technical and important, as in "Yes sir, I believe you have an eye-dee-ten-tee problem," but you only understand what it means when you see it written down: id10t. :)

There's also "PEBKAC": "Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair". :)

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DYD, the I-D-10T form is also frequently used in the military when breaking in a new member. Sergeants will often send youngin's to another area on an urgent mission for those needed I-D-10T forms.

I really like the "PEBKAC" diagnosis, thanks!

One other military funny. In the Navy Chief's have been known to send young ones to supply for "gig lines". A gig line is a perfectly straight line from the edge of the shirt flap overlap that lines up perfectly with the zipper flap overlap on the pants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home